Monday, January 18, 2016

The Challenge #57 {Inspiration Challenge}

Hello and Welcome to Week Three at The Challenge! The design team has just BLOWN me away with their gorgeous cards this week! We have an inspiration photo for you and we cannot wait to see what you create!


Are you looking for last week's winner? Please CLICK HERE.

Each week we have a fun challenge for your to try!!! We do a different style of challenge each week! We like to mix things up and keep them fresh!

Here is the monthly rotation:
Week 1-Sketch
Week 2-Colours
Week 3-Photo Inspiration
Week 4-Masculine Photo Inspiration
Week 5-Wild Card (a surprise!)

For my card, I decided to have some fun with a retired Stampin' Up Stamp Set. I want to push out of my comfort zone and try my hand at making some distressed or vintage cards but I always seem to prefer clean lines...no tattered edges here! I used some lace and a sticker sentiment from SRM StickersI stamped the images from Stampin' Up (a retired set) onto watercolour paper and then I coloured the images with distress inks...very loosely and with a sponge. Then I add some lace and the ribbon...the little flowers were stamped onto Copic white paper and coloured with Copic markers. Then I cut them out and popped them up. True to the inspiration, I had to add some pearls!


The design team have created some inspiration to get you in the crafting mood! Come and join us! Our weekly winner will be our next Guest Designer! So come and join the fun!


10 comments:

  1. Lesley, your card is beautiful! I must admit, I struggled with this photo. You made it look so easy! Every detail is lovely and delicate. The sponged flowers and are just perfect! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Love your card, it's soooo pretty. Thanks for having me join the team today. I had fun creating for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow, Lesley! This is stunning! You sooooo captured everything about the inspiration photo. Your watercoloring is perfect, layout perfect-All of it-Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your card is stunning, Lesley! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...this is out of your usual style but you nailed it! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is SO pretty, Lesley, every detail is so perfectly done and it really captures the charm of the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is spectacular, Lesley! LOVE the soft colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such vintage style, Lesley! Love those vintage trims and all that fabulous distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Love the soft color scheme and vintage trims.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)