Monday, January 4, 2016

The Challenge #55 {A Sketch}

Hello and Welcome to The Challenge! We are back after a lovely Christmas break and we are ready to inspire you!

Each week we have a fun challenge for your to try!!! We do a different style of challenge each week! We like to mix things up and keep them fresh!

Here is the monthly rotation:
Week 1-Sketch
Week 2-Colours
Week 3-Photo Inspiration
Week 4-Masculine Photo Inspiration
Week 5-Wild Card (a surprise!)

This month we are thrilled to welcome Bev Katsman Buenker as our Featured Designer!





"I'm Bev, and have the blog Happy Dance. I've been paper crafting for over 20 years, and while I have three more scrapbooks to make (and then I'm done forever), most of my time in the craft room is devoted to cardmaking. I've been retired for nearly three years, and stay pretty close to home and the DH who needs a little extra help these days. We're very blessed with a large family, and have twenty grandchildren spread out in age ranges and distances, whom we dearly love. Our home sits atop a bluff just three houses away from Lake Michigan in Southeastern Wisconsin. I love making cards, and tend to like a more Clean and Layered style, but am game to get out of my comfort zone every now and then. It's been a delight to meet and make new friends here in blogland, and I've actually been lucky enough to have met a few of you in person; what a delight!! Life is good, happy dances everyone!"


Isn't Bev's card delightful! Welcome, Bev!

For my card, I decided to make a sympathy card. I used an Altenew image and combined it with a neutral backdrop. The flower is coloured with Copics. I punched out two butterflies to add to the side. I was drawn to neutral colours and design.

The design team have created some inspiration to get you in the crafting mood! Come and join us! Our weekly winner will be our next Guest Designer! So come and join the fun!


A few rules to keep things fun and fair!
1. Use the challenge to create a card.
2. Please add the challenge graphic to your blog post (copy and paste).
3. Have fun and comment on the submissions of others.
4. Anything that is offensive to myself or to my viewers will be removed.
5. Please only link to 3 other challenges plus our challenge for a total of 4 challenges.
6. Have fun!


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, ladies! Lesley, your card is STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely beautiful Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colouring Lesley and great DT cards x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Bev!!
    Such beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley, darling sweet beautiful card as always, YOU inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Lesley! LOVE it and the DT cards. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sample for this sketch is so pretty. It's a very versatile sketch and I was imagining all kinds of cards I could make while I made my white Christmas card. Also I'm very excited about the new challenge format. Looking forward to the masculine week. Always need those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun sketch. Just what I needed yesterday afternoon. Love all the samples, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Lesley, I love the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lesley, I love your gorgeously colored flower and that doily is just a perfect backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, Lesley --- always beautiful and inspiring! Happy New Year! Looking forward to a fabulous year of creating with you and the rest of the team! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Used the sketch for my card, but got it done too late! :) At any rate, here it is anyway... http://stamphappy-tammy.blogspot.com/2016/01/hello-friends-happy-new-year-i-just.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)