Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Seize the Sketch #19 {Wheely Sweet Friend} & CASE Study Design Team Call


Today I am sharing a card for the next sketch at Seize the Sketch and I am also auditioning for a design team position over at CASE Study. The assignment is to share a design from a designer that inspires you and then show how you would "CASE" it. It was hard to narrow down who to CASE but one of my favourite card makers is Cindy Lovell. She is on my Card Concept team and I just love everything she makes. I was inspired by her card below...you can find it HERE.


Card by Cindy Lovell

I was inspired to use some fun designer paper. I usually use simple patterns but felt inspired to use something a little more masculine. I added a simple pennant and keep my images clean and simple as well because I wanted the sentiment to stand out like Cindy's. My image comes from a Stampin' Up set called "Cycle Celebration" and I loved the sentiment that came with it. It is actually a birthday set and so much fun!!


I am auditioning for a position at CASE Study because I want to stretch myself as a card maker and I want to learn how to improve my crafting skills. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to see my work.


I hope you will join us at Seize the Sketch! Our challenge is on for 2 weeks and the team has a lot of inspiration to share!!!

17 comments:

  1. I love that fun bicycle! Love seeing how you were inspired...such a great card Lesley! Good Luck on the DT call!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pattern you chose here, it caught my eye immediately. Great CASE - good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley,i feel so honored and i am so happy!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!
    Your card is fabulous! I love the patterns you've used,awesome colors!! And the gorgeous bike along with the fun sentiment!!
    I wish you good luck,Lesley!!
    Thank you again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome use of the sketch for your CASE tryout - Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card and love the way you cased it...good luck on the audition! This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card!!!! I wish you lots of luck, you are talented and will get it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Lesley! I love your cloudy sky, yummy twine and bright bicycle! Happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I love how you drew your inspiration from Cindy's card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the background paper is awesome- masculine and a bit of a vintage feel. Good luck with the audition, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun, Lesley! I love the bright red bike with the soft cloudy sky and pennant in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Lesley and an excellent CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the soft ink you put around the banner and of course I love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cindy rocks and so do you! Your card is "wheely" terrific - I'd put you on the team in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. super fun card girl :) love the sweet bike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so bright & fun! I can totally see the inspiration from Cindy's card, but you made it your own. Brava! Good luck on the CASE study call - they would be so lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Superb casing!! Love the banner :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)