Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Challenge {Weekly Winner} and a Top 3

Wow! Challenge #2 brought out such beautiful cards. Thank you for making my simple sketch shine. It is really "challenging" for me to choose winners...I adore everyone's card and think there is a lot of beauty in the linky this week. But I know as a card maker, I love the thrill of being highlighted at a challenge...and so I have chosen one main "winner" and a Top 3. I have also explained why I have chosen these cards. Here is the sketch that everyone used.



My main Winner this week is:



I chose Kimberly's card because I enjoyed the bold colours she used. I loved the way she stamped the pinwheel image in turquoise and then fussy cut the other pinwheels in the orange, blue and pink to sit on top! Her card is impacting and yet still clean-lined. Congratulations, Kim!

My Top 3 picks are (in alphabetical order):



Maura's card showed such a neat way to create an effective and impacting background. She white embossed the lines and then used some inks to create a pretty layer. I also loved how the hearts mimicked the background. 


Nina amazed me with her creative card. She created the golf balls using a circle punch and embossing the white circles with dots. Then she printed out the golf tees from her computer and fussy cut them. I enjoyed her fresh take on the sketch too...with her golf balls staggered and the matching sentiment!


I loved the colour combo that Traci used on her card. She did some freehand stitching with a white pen and the extra scorelines she added on the white card stock added both interest and texture. Love the texture on her life preservers too! Super cute and fun!

Once again, thank you to everyone who played along with my challenge. In one hour, I will be back with Challenge #3-a brand new sketch! I sure hope you will join me.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners; wonderful creativity and inspiration!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these amazing sketches! Thanks for all of the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)