Friday, October 26, 2012

You Float My Boat and Happy Holidays


Hooray! I got my craft on! Tonight I was itching to colour and to make a card! When I saw the sketch at There She Goes, I got out some of my There She Goes Stamp Sets and looked for a fun image to play with. I love my Copics and when I saw the Colours at the Play Date Cafe, I just knew I had to play along! The colour story was so pretty and the coffee napkin had a nautical theme...this inspired me even more!


My card came together quickly, and I cut the strips of designer paper into 1" strips and then spread them out across a white card base. I chose this paper by Bella BLVD because it looked like waves to me. The twine is from Hemptique and had a bit of sheen to it. 


{Supplies Used}
Stamps: There She Goes-Float My Boat
Inks: Copics, Memento Black Tuxedo Ink
Papers: Bella BLVD, Flourishes White CS, Soft Suede CS
Extras: Hemptique Twine
Technique: Paper Piecing the Flag onto the boat

I also decided to play along with a couple of other challenges as well!

Then I was inspired to play again!

The Retro Sketch this week was a great one, it could be taken in any direction and I wanted to ink up another set from There She Goes called "Snowy Days".  I bought this set a few months ago and I have not had the chance to ink it up! Tonight I pulled out my Memento Ink and my Copics and went to work! This card is clean and simple but will be easy to mail for Christmas!!! I bought this set because the dog reminded me of our dog Cyrus. I love his sweet markings.


{Supplies Used}
Stamps: Snowy Days-There She Goes
Inks: Copics, Memento Black Tuxedo Ink
Papers: Gumball Gree, Flourishes White CS, My Mind's Eye
Extras: MFT Medium Scallop Edge
Technique: Dy Embossing

13 comments:

  1. Cute cards! I love the embossed, clean lines of the second card, and your first card is super cute, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards today! I just love the first with such a precious image and sentiment, and the embossing on the 2nd looks so fantastic and festive! Thanks for sharing my happiness in winning the CFC stamps release! I'm beyond excited!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little boat is SO charming - PERFECT use of the colors and sketch! Then the little conversation between snowman and puppy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both super cute Lesley but the little fella in the boat is ADORABLE! Love the colors on that one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lesley I love both of your cards, the layouts are fabulous and they're just so cute!

    Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute cards Lesley, what adorable images on both card. I think though the dog and his little guy are so sweet though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute cards! Love your coloring! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been busy! Both are gorgeous, but I really the coloured guy in his boat - just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh, these are BOTH ADORABLE!!! Love that TSG sketch and that little image is as sweet as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two adorable cards, Lesley! I'm so glad you got some time in the craft room. I just saw your beautiful Santa as a winner on CAS(E) this Sketch! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these cards are so so cute Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both lovely! I like the soft blue & brown color combo in your first card and the bright vibrant colors in your second. Thanks for joining us at TSG! Hope you will play along again with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cards, love the images. thanks for joining Simply Create!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)