Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Using Neglected Stamping Supplies...


The gals over at Create with Connie and Mary and Retro Sketches have some pretty challenging challenges going on but I was intrigued!  CCMC has a colour in their colour combo that I have been  avoiding..."Summer Starfruit". I have rarely used it and this seemed like the perfect opportunity! But then after I made the card, I realized that Tangerine Tango was NOT in the colour combo...yes, I have officially "lost my mind". Sorry to the CCMC gals for linking up a card that does not match their colours. LOL! Sheesh!


I turned the sketch on its head and tried to create outside of the box. The best thing is, the sketch forced encouraged me to use the funky border stamp in the stamp set, one that I have been avoiding as well.



So I am still working with this new camera, trying to improve my photo quality but it is not working! Ugh! I have been looking into a light tent, have been looking to buy one for years now and I see it is finally really time!



11 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty card! I love how you used the Summer Starfruit here! Love the layout, too! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such bright, beautiful Autumn colors, Lesley! Makes me happy! I've been wondering about a light tent too. They're so big though and wonder where I'd put it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice crisp and clean! The butterflies are the perfect addition! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, even though you sneaked in Tangerine Tango, I love your clean and fresh card using that beautiful flower set! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the Color Challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You card turned out very pretty even with the Tangerine Tango in there! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever idea turning that sketch completely upside down! I love it! The two challenges came together nicely! Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really pretty card, I love the yellow and green together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see you Lesley! I'll pretend the orange is actually a brown since you blamed your tent! Love the card and how you stamped on the butterflies, so cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Lesley! This is one of my favorite stamp set and it looks fab in these colors. Love those butterflies too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like this. Love the butterflies hovering over the flowers. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you flipped the sketch! So pretty! Thanks for playing along at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)