Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Merry Monday Winners for Last Week

Thank you to everyone who played along with us this past week at the Merry Monday Challenge! It was extremely difficult to choose winners! Such amazing entries! The design team have chosen their favourites, who are honorable mentions! Have a great week everyone! Don't forget our current sketch ends on Sunday at Noon!



Wendy's Choice: Susan Joyce
Cat's Ink. Corporated
I chose Susan's pretty card this week because I love the colors and sparkle of the glimmer paper! The tree image and woodgrain background is perfect but the way she stamped the inside of the card was brilliant! Congratulations, Susan, for being my Top Pick again this week! :)

Nina’s Choice: Sandra
Stamper on the Shore
I love the none traditional colours that Sandra used for her card, and the bold patterns jump out and catch the eye. The layering added fabulous detail and the gems are a great finish. Congratulations, Sandra, on being my Top Pick this week!


Bonnie's Choice: Lynn Hayes
Creative Crafts by Lynn
 
I got a huge chuckle out of Lynn's card with that cute little kitty. And I love the embossed, white background that makes the image and banners pop! Congratulations, Lynn, for being my Top Pick this week!

LeAnne's Choice: Janet Kay Bailey
Simply Made Cards
I love blue, and Janet Kay's creation with its beautifully-scripted sentiment and that pretty blue ornament jumped out at me right away!  The delicate snowflake-stamped vellum banner over the solid blue was a perfect companion to the pretty ornament!  Congratulations, Janet Kay, for being my Top Pick this week!

Narelle's Choice: Michelle
I love the elegance of the Michelle's card this week! Her use of those gorgeous DSPs was perfect and the non traditional Christmas colours were a standout for me. Congrats Michelle, on being my Top Pick this week!

Carrie's Choice: Mary Alice Bellis

I absolutely LOVE the amount of neutrals used on Mary Alice's card. I find that although fairly monochromatic, this card effectively showcases the traditional colours of the holidays by using the two strips of designer paper over the neutrals.  The image is perfect and is additionally highlighted by dry embossing and sponging. Beautiful!

Lesley's Choice:



Kim Singdahlsen
Peace on Earth in Plum

My jaw dropped when I saw Kim's icy creation this week! I loved the way she layered up the ornaments! The glimmer paper packed a punch and the colours look amazing! I need to try creating a Christmas card in these colours! Thanks for the inspiration Kim! Congrats on being the Challenge Winner this week!

I hope you will consider joining us as a Guest Designer for Monday, October 15th. Please email me by clicking the email icon at the top of my blog if you are able to be our Guest Designer!

Congratulations to everyone who joined in the fun!!! 

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! All these cards are winners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much for picking my card. I love your sketches...they have fun special touches yet leave a lot of space for creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you LeAnne for choosing my card! :) Congrats to Kim for her beautiful card, I would have picked it too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for selecting my card! It's a fun image and thought it would be good for that wonderful sketch!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - ladies thanks for the nod this week - I think I'll try to play this week too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)