Monday, October 1, 2012

Merry Monday #35 {Wondrous Wishes}

Welcome to another week at Merry Monday!  The idea behind this challenge is to get a head start on your Christmas cards!  Each week, I choose one Merry Monday Winner who will then be a Guest Designer for a future challenge!  So get out your Christmas supplies and let's get to work! September was an awesome month here at Merry Monday! Thank you to September's Featured Designer Terry Blais for joining us!!! October is here! I am excited to announce October's Merry Monday Featured Designer is the Artistic Avenger herself, Carrie Gaskin! I asked Carrie to share a bit about herself!

Hi everyone! My name is Carrie Gaskin and I'm super excited to be with you as a guest designer this month. I've been crafting now for almost 7 years. I've been married almost half of my life to a wonderful guy and have two great kids. I'm really lucky to live in one of the most beautiful spots in North America (BC, Canada) and am thrilled to be able to share my love of card making with you this month.  


Here is this week's sketch, as always, please make it your own!  I designed the sketch with the idea of using the new Wondrous Wishes stamp set from Stampin' Up...and so I did!! I inked up the image in Cherry Cobbler and used the new Snowflake Die to create a hopefully elegant snowflake out of the Champagne Glimmer Paper.  I created this card for the current Dynamic Duos Challenge to use Cherry Cobbler and one other colour...I used Champagne as my other colour and Crumb Cake as the neutral.


[Supplies Used}
Stamps: Wondrous Wishes, More Merry Messages
Inks: Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Vanilla, Champagne Glimmer Paper
Extras: Snow Flurry Bigz Die, Big Shot, Embossing folder

The design team has created some awesome samples to get you in the Christmas Spirit, welcome to Judy May, as our Guest Designer this week!

19 comments:

  1. Awww Lesley, your card is so cute! Love how you inked your main image in one color instead of coloring it! That snowflake is gorgeous! :)
    Welcome Carrie to Merry Mondays! I'm a huge fan of her work and can't wait to see what she creates!
    A huge Thank You to Terry for all her wonderful work & nice comments durning her run as a designer in September. Love her work and hope she continues to play along with us each week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you have created a very elegant snowflake - that glimmer paper is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout!! Everyone has done a fabulous job for getting us started!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sketch and your cards are beautiful. Can't wait to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Lesley....that is such a sweet image and your big snowflake adds a real punch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each and Every one of the sample cards are just gorgeous. A whole bunch of inspiration here. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love that Glimmer snowflake and the way you used a banner for the sentiment! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone's cards are all beautiful, and Lesley, I love the champagne color you added! So classy and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pop of sparkle and pizazz from your pretty snowflake Lesley! Red and kraft have always been one of my favorite color combos. A delightful card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Lesley, I love the vintage feel. That snowflake is gorgeous and the texture is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feels so great to be back at it!!! Awesome sketch as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is some snowflake! Thanks for inviting me to play this month, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Lesley, what a surprise to find your card in the list!
    Your card is so beautiful! Love the pretty golden blinky snowflake - what a eyecatcher!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lesley - what a great card! I really like that you inked your image and left it the single colour. What a great way to tie in the colours for the Dynamic Duo challenge.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lesley I love your card, the gold snowflake is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, don't you just love that set. I don't usually go for those traditional Christmas kind of stamps, but there's something about the children and Santa that really got to me. Anyway, after all of that, I decided not to use the stamp on my sample. I love your card, especially that golden snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a simple layout for your challenge this week really got my juices flowing. Obviously many others liked it too. Great week to play along. Thanks again for your inspiring cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great sketch Lesley and your monochromatic card is so beautiful, as are those by the design team.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)