Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dynamic Duos and Sweet Stop Sketch {Kind Thanks}


Even though I am unable to design with my Dynamic Duos Challenge, I still like to play along when I can! This week I chose a Soft Colour Combo for the weekly colour duo, Soft Suede and Pool Party! I added Crumb Cake as my neutral. I actually also created another card for this colour combo, which I will share later this week.



I inked up a brand new set for me from Close to My Heart. The flower was so pretty! I inked it in Soft Suede and then stamped the inside of the flower with Pool Party Ink. The Scallop Edge at the bottom of the card has little pearls across it. The french script background stamp from SU! was added using Soft Suede Ink and the leaves stamped with Soft Suede onto Crumb Cake card stock. I received a new camera about a year ago and I have been trying it out. I really need to get a light tent for my photos, sometimes I can take the photos outside but not today, it is pouring out there! The sketch comes from the current Sweet Stop sketch, it is a classic sketch that really inspired me. I moved the sentiment to the top of the card as it was overpowered by the French Script.




15 comments:

  1. Love your card, glad you found some time to ink up your new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Lesley and I love that flower and the color combo you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy....love this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Lesley! I love the script background and the simply outlined rose! Glad you had time to stamp for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous, and I just love this color scheme! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous stylish & elegant card Lesley - the flower is lovely and the pearls are a beautiful touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card, Lesley. ;-) I absolutely love that script, and that flower is so lovely. The pearls add so much to the scallops. Love it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely and elegant, Lesley! A $10 card if ever I saw one!!

    (Thank you for the 'versary congrats!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Lesley. The rose looks so pretty. What a great take on our sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lesley - I love this. The subtle variations in colors on each petal is lovely! Perfect with the script background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lesley you always show off your color combos in a beautiful way and you did it this week with no exception! Super classy! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you had some time to stamp this week because this is beautiful, Lesley!! I'm in love with these colors, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Lesley, good to see you stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Lesley, I love that slower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card with lovely details! Love the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)