Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #24-A Sketch by Rita Wright and the Play Date Cafe


Hello blogging friends! Hope you are enjoying your week!! Our Freshly Made Sketch this week is from my good pal Rita Wright!  Rita has come up with an awesome sketch that is SO versatile.  I have so much fun making this card!!! I also LOVED the colours over at the Play Date Cafe and so I went ahead and created a Get Well card for a dear friend.



I wanted to create something cheery and happy!!! I was discussing my lack of MOJO with blogging pal Jaydee and she suggested that I go back to the basics and look at cards that I have made and have been proud of. I noticed that I used to use background stamps more and so I went and dug out some old favourites. Thank you Jaydee for your creative and wonderful advice!

Supplies Used: 
Stamps: All SU! Hostess Set-Simply Soft, En Francais, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Woodgrain Background Stamp
Papers: Peach Parfait, Pool Party, River Rock, Whisper White
Inks: Copics, Memento Black
Extras: Scallop Border Punch, Pearls, Modern Label Punch, Baja Breeze Ribbon, Butterfly Embosslit Die, Big Shot, Embossing Folder, Word Window Punch

I sure hope you have the time to join us this week at Freshly Made Sketches and be sure to check out the Play Date Cafe!  

19 comments:

  1. This is truly gorgeous Lesley! I love the subtle En Francais stamping in the background - I had to actually had to look at your supply list to see what stamp you'd used - it's lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely hadn't noticed that your mojo was lacking but I'm glad you pulled out your background stamps because this card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the subtle backgrounds! And the orange and blue together are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Lesley....I love those challenge colors and you managed to blend them into a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, love all the different colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Lesley! I can't wait to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jaydee had some wonderful advice as this is beautiful, Lesley. The background stamps add so much; I don't know why I always seem to forget about them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, back to basics looks good on you!! Such a happy card, sure to bring a big smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Lesley! The colors are so warm and wonderful. I love the embossing on the river rock layer. So glad Jaydee helped you find your mojo. It's always good to get that back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Lesley! Love the colors and this will definitely be a wonderful get well card for the recipient. BTW, love your new blog look - so perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Love how you combined the colors w/the sketch! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card. I too love the use of the En Francais background stamping. I also think the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that card and the new look of your blog. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, love the background and the butterflies are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I would have never thought to put those colors together; the outcome is amazing! Great card, and I love all your fine details. Looks like your mojo is intact! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab job you've done on those flowers, they look so pretty!
    Love the colours and love that background - must pull out that stamp! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is FABULOUS! LOVE the textures and the script stamping--this is beautiful! :) LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowza, Lesley! I am always looking for inspiration for this set and here it is! Absolutely gorgeous mix of color and I love the stamped background. Great job, my friend! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely card. I like the color combo and the textures. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)