Sunday, November 6, 2011

Paper Players #71-Anne Marie's Recipe Challenge


Slow down weekend!  Sunday is here already and I would love one more day to rest! The weeks are counting down to Christmas much too quickly and my list is way too long this year! So much to do and so very little time!  So with all that said, today at the Paper Players, "Chef AM" has a recipe challenge ready for us!  And boy, did her recipe cook up a fun Christmas card for me to make!  Thanks AM...I have one less Christmas card on my list to make!


  1. I decided to ink up this adorable digital stamp made by Arielle Gordon of Wax Fruit Company, I loved the image as soon as I saw it and knew I had to have it because I love to colour!!! 
  2. The image just screamed fun bright colours to me and so I paired the image with some scraps of designer papers I had in my stash...a piece of Real Red, Pool Party and Old Olive striped papers. I layered them over each other and matted the "panel" I created with them out of black cardstock.
  3. Do you see the glitter on those pretty ornaments?  Check!  So far I have 3 pattern papers, and a sprinkling of glitter.  I needed to add two different ribbons and a punch! 
  4. I remembered this Tags Christmas stamp set from SU that was out a few years ago and stamped the sentiment on Poppy Parade paper and then punched it out with my Wide Oval Punch.  Punch Check! 
  5. The ribbbon is some Doodlebug Doodle Twine that I have in my stash. I went with the blue and red colours.  Two different ribbons...check!
  6. The ornaments are coloured with Copics.


We hope that you will join the Paper Players Challenge this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creation and to give a warm welcome to Susan Joyce, our November Guest Designer at the Paper Players.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

13 comments:

  1. What a bright and fun Christmas card! So very cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley, great job with the challenge. Using the twine as your ribbon was genius and really fits with the fabulous focal image. Love it! I want the weekend to slowdown, too! My two week vacation has gone far too quickly!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so excited that you used my friend Arielle's image....this is wonderful! Aren't her things fun & easy to use?! Woohoo! Just reminds me of my Nan's old ornaments that I cherish and put on my tree each year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley, this is bright, fun and fabulously festive! I love that image and the color combo you use to show it off in style. You cooked up a Christmas treat with this pretty card, for sure. I second that week-end slowdown...I need one more day!! Hope you are enjoying your relaxing Sunday, friend! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Lesley. Everything works so perfectly together and those little ornaments are so fun! They look like they're just bopping around having a great time!
    You seem to be a very organized woman so I'm sure that you will rock everything that needs to be done! Don't forget to take time to relax for yourself too!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this Lesley! The colors, the twine, the pop of black and those ornaments are fabulous! Wonderful coloring job on them and the sprinkling of glitter is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE!!!! Love this bright beautiful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lesley,
    Love your bright and festive Christmas card and the image is so fun and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very joyfull card with the beautiful bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! I love the colors and the sparkle on the ornaments. That twine is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)