Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches #12- {Joy to the World}



This week at Freshly Made Sketches, Jen Mitchell has a great sketch for us! I loved the simplicity of the sketch and took some artisitic license with the bottom portion of the sketch. Using some sparkly ribbon from my stash, I tied a simple bow. The star stamp is inked up in Mellow Moss (oh Mellow Moss, how I miss you) and the sentiment is inked up with Cherry Cobbler.  A simple base of "Confetti White" cardstock makes this card easy to mail and easier to create! The Crumb Cake square on the card measures 3"x 3" and the white square is 2.75" x 2.75".  The Cherry Cobbler background is embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder.


I sincerely hope you enjoy my simple card and that you will join Freshly Made Sketches this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lesley! The Ribbon is a perfect finishing touch....hope you are feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Lesley! So funny that we both used the exact same set and stamps this week! Great minds think alike, right? I love the combination of Cherry Cobblerand Mellow Moss. Hope you are feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful holiday card! Classic and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss Mellow Moss too :( This card is gorgeous. I love the embossed background. The Cherry Cobbler so bold stamped on the star sentiment. I can't tell you how I've been kicking myself that I didn't get this stamp set because every card I see made with it is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card: I love this stamp set! It makes the most gorgeous Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful as always Lesley ... I love that gorgeous ribbon and the beautiful rich colours that you have used ... a lovely classic card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Lesley! The texture and colors are so rich and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Lesley, wonderful warm colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)