Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pals Paper Arts and Sketch'n'Colour


I have a card class this Friday and so far, I have designed 2 cards for it.  Tonight I designed one more using the Pals Paper Arts Colour Challenge and the Sketch'n'Colour Sketch Challenge.  The colours on PALS were not my usual colours so I decided to take a risk and play along!  The sketch from Sketch'n'Colour is so pretty!  I really felt inspired by it.  I really like the sketches these ladies offer on their challenges.  You should try to visit both of these challenge blogs and play along!

I decided to rotate the sketch.  I used the Hostess Level 2 set from the Summer Mini called "Punched Posies".  It is a terrific set!  I punches out two of the 5-petal flowers with the 5-petal punch.  I embossed the Curry base with the Texturz Plates and heat embossed the sentiment in White Craft ink from the stamp set called "Kind and Caring Thoughts", another Hostess Set. The little circles in the centre of each flower are images from the "Always" set and are punches out with the 1/2" Circle Punch and then popped up on dimensionals.  Here is the completed card...it is CAS looking but really involved some fun techniques. I hope the ladies coming on Friday enjoy making this card as much as I did!


Thank you for stopping by!
Smiles,
Lesley

3 comments:

  1. OMG Lesley, what a cute card...I love these flowerstamps :-). Thanks for playing the Sketch'n'Color. Hugs Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the band of blue across the card! Thanks for joining us at PPA!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I love the colors. Thanks for playing at Sketch'n'Color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)