Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tutorial: Making A Simple Card

This tutorial is for my friend Carol. She asked me to layout the way to make a card and so I did!


Step One:
Cut your 8.5" x11 piece of cardstock at 4 1/4". Then turn that piece in the cutter so that you can score the 11" side at 5 1/2". I chose to use Melon Mambo, but you could use Pretty in Pink.
Step Two:
Take the 4 1/4" x11 piece and fold it along the score line. This will create the "tent" style of card.

Step Three:
Take a piece of paper from the Good Neighbours Paper Pack and cut it to make a 4"x5 1/4" piece. I chose the white paper with little colourful hearts on it.
Step Four: (Excuse my messy desk)
Cut a piece of Melon Mambo to 3"x3". Then a piece of white paper to fit that square. Cut the white to be
2 3/4"x2 3/4".

Step Five:
Your card should look like this now. You have cut all the pieces.

Step Six:
Stamp your images on the 2 3/4"x2 3/4" white square. I stamped the houses in Melon Mambo. Make sure you line up the bottom of the houses, NOT the bottom of the stamps before you stamp! Add some clouds. I stamped them in Taken with Teal.


Step Seven:
Stamp the roof of each house on a separate piece of scrap paper and cut them out carefully.

Step Eight:
Using the little roof you cut out, pick up two glue dots on the back of the roof. Then add the roof to your houses, one at a time. This will pop up your roof...making it look 3D.


Step Nine:
Measure off a piece of Tempting Turquoise ribbon and tape it around the back of the mini heart paper. Then tape the entire designer paper piece to the front of your card. Be sure to centre it carefully.Step Ten:
Add some dimensionals to the back of your 3 x3" square. Make sure you tape the white square onto the 3x3" square first!


Step Eleven:
Tie a faux bow to the front of your card. You are just basically tying a single knot.

And your card is complete. To complete the inside, just cut a piece of 4"x5 1/4" white cardstock and centre it on the inside. The sentiment I used on the front of the card is from Curvy Verses. Hope this was useful Carol! I know you have this paper and stamp set. You can use any designer series paper and then match it to the cardstock and ribbon.
Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)